Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reeling Rockies


Despite the Rockies’ recent slide, all hope is not lost. The Rockies still sit at 51-48 this season. Looking back at this point in the 2009 campaign in which we captured the wild card we were 54-45. It’s not like this is September and the Rockies have 10 games left being 8 games behind the NL West lead. We actually have 63 games left in the 2010 regular season, 34 of those being home games, our home winning percentage for the season is .659, and we are 2.5 games behind the wild card lead. In fact, I am so confident the Rockies will make the playoffs I am more concerned about the Rockies’ winning percentage when I attend their games. My overall record is 3-4 this season while the Rockies are 1-5 when my poor friend and I go together (she is one of my only friends who is a baseball fan). The best fix to this problem is to attend games vs the Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago Cubs (both teams are the epitome of futility). All jokes aside, the Rockies weathered the storm without Troy Tulowitzski, going 17-16 while he was gone, overcame injuries to Huston Street and Jorge de la Rosa earlier in the season, and despite Manny Corpas’ recent choke-jobs. If the Rockies sweep Pittsburgh and Chicago I will make no apologies. Maybe we’ll get lucky and see the Rockies win a laugher on Sunday along with a classic Lou Piniella ejection! That would get me back into the baseball spirit for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment